THE MAG254 (IPTV242 – Ultimate/ UK/Starter Pack) INSTRUCTIONS
Quick Start Setup for MAG250 & MAG254
NOTE: Please Pay Special Attention to Items in BOLD.
IMPORTANT- Please turn off the MAG254 when NOT in use, as it will continue to stream live Tv or movies. Also it is BEST that you have an UNLIMITED internet package, because usage may cause your internet billing to increase substantially. Please verify with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
1. Unpack your box and place the included batteries into the remote control. Please also look at the rear of your MAG254 and input your MAC address(es), Serial number(s), Name and email address by visiting www.iptv242.com/activate. Please provide a telephone number situated near the box at the time of activation in case we need to call you for activation problems, support or incorrect setup. We may email or call you to enter an approval code which may take 10 minutes to appear on your TV screen in order to complete the activation.
2. Connect your HDMI (or audio/video wire) and Ethernet cables to your MAG254, then plug in the power.
3. Wait for the system to completely start up, it might take what feels like hours. It will start up in what is called the Inner portal (also known as the embedded portal).
4. Navigate to the Menu Guide tab at bottom press OK to access the help menu where you can read up on all aspects for using the device before setting it up.
5. Click on the Settings Icon and then choose System Settings.
6. Network is the first choice you are presented with. Click on the icon and from there choose either Wired or Wireless (you will need an external wireless adapter).
7. Click on Wired and then Auto (DHCP), press Exit to get back to the System Settings menu.
8. Now choose Servers, first server is called General, click on it and you will be presented with a place to enter a server name with NTP beside it. Type pool.ntp.org and press OK to save.
9. Next server is Portal, there are 2 Portals that are able to be filled out. Just use the first one. For Portal 1 name type in or enter the portal address sent to you from IPTV242.com AFTER purchase (it is not necessary to use the http://) and press OK to save. That is it for the portal servers.
10. Now choose Video and set the resolution you wish to use. Set the video output mode to 720p-60 or 1080i-60 or 1080p-60 depending on the resolution you wish to use. For graphic resolution set it to 1280×720 for 720p and 1980×1080 for 1080i and p. Make sure to press OK to save.
11. Now go to Advanced Settings: these settings are important for the time settings.
– Language: choose the language you wish to have the menus in.
– Time zone: toggle left or right to scroll through the area/cities until you find your location or the closest one to your location. You can also press the Aspect Ratio button on the remote and it will bring up the list of area/countries and you can scroll through to find your location. Make sure to press OK to save your settings.
12. Now the device has to reboot, after it reboots you should be in the NFPS portal. If you end up with a blank screen press Exit several times to get to the Portal main screen. Use the left right arrow buttons on the remote to choose your options at the bottom of the screen.
13. Some settings need to also be done and checked on for the outer portal the same way.
14. Use the left/right arrow buttons until you get to Settings then press OK.
15. Use the up/down buttons and choose Localization, verify your Language, Country, City and Time zone. When the cursor is on an option press the OK button and it will bring up a list of choices, except for City where you use the left/right buttons to toggle through the choices, select the one that applies to you.
16. You can go through the Network, Video, Audio, Playback options to set them to your choice as they might be different than what you had set in the inner portal.
17. The Portal option is for the outer portal and what happens when the STB starts up. The choices are Main Menu and Last TV Channel, you can decide which you prefer. NOW, you can watch TV.
18. The ‘Live TV‘ section is where you can watch live TV the amount of recordings are the same as amount of channels.
19. The ‘Video Club‘ section is where you will find the Video On Demand channels, just like pay per view but better with more frequently updated movies, you can pause, rewind or fast forward the movies at anytime. You cannot pause, fast forward or rewind the ‘Live TV’ section.
20. The default password (adult etc.) is ‘0000’, that is 4 zeros. You can change this password in the menu of the MAG 254.
NOTE: Channels can be watched immediately after setup, but FULL propagation may take up to 72 hours for most or all channels to come in and/or function properly. IF AFTER following these procedures, you are unable to watch Live Tv Or Video on Demand, please email or call us.
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS
TROUBLE SHOOTING & OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. It is highly recommended to set this option to Main Menu. In the event of a power failure the STB will turn back on in fully operational mode, if left on the Last TV Channel it would start using internet resources and you would not be aware of it. This would come as a big surprise to someone when the monthly bill arrives if you happen to be on a limited line.
2. Advanced Settings – if you are having freezing issues try setting the buffer (in seconds) to a higher value, maximum is 15 seconds. You can also adjust the time interval for the screen saver, the other options leave alone for the time being. Freezing may also occur if your internet signal or transmission is lost or intermittent. However, the box is designed not to freeze once your internet download is meets the minimum required 3 Mbps for viewing standard definition video and 5Mbps for viewing High Definition (HD) video.
3. The server option is for the NTP server. Make sure it is pool.ntp.org in case it didn’t save the settings before.
4. There is also an option to go to the inner portal if you wish to do so.
5. The Youtube video section is under development, and may not work at this time.
6. If you are not sure, unplugging the power from the rear of the MAG 254 set top box for at least one (1) minute and plugging it back in should resolve most problems incurred (if any).
7. IP address conflicts may incur if you have more that one device (game console, cellphones, computers etc.) that shares the same network. You can setup the IP address to manual or simply connect or turn on your MAG 254 first, make sure that it has access to the internet and is working, then plug in or turn on other devices AFTERWARDS.
8. Downloading Torrents and watching or streaming Youtube or other videos may also negatively affect your MAG254 unit if you have a low speed internet.
If you have ANY problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IPTV242 Support Team